FSBO-type FLAT FEE Listing
Help sell your house, condo or land yourself and SAVE THOUSANDS with a For Sale By Owner (FSBO)-type flat fee listing.
The information below applies to properties listed for $400,000 or below. If you have a more expensive property, we can DEFINITELY still work out a similar type deal but because a more expensive property is always more complicated, my compensation has to be higher.
- You will go into the REALTOR MLS, operated by the Charleston Trident Association of Realtors, and on over 80 national real estate websites such as Realtor.com, Zillow and Trulia.
- The Charleston Trident MLS is THE multiple listing service used by nearly ALL real estate professionals and companies in the Lowcountry (Charleston tri-county area and beyond).
- I can email or fax you the documents seven days a week.
- I will send you an MLS report with all the properties in your area that have sold in the past six months and their selling prices so you can compare them with your property and price your property accurately.
- I will put you in the MLS the moment I receive your signed documents, and within hours, an email blast will go out to all buyers and buyer agents looking for property in your area.
- The following areas are included in the REALTOR MLS. If your property is located in any of them, you will benefit ENORMOUSLY from being in the MLS: ALL of Greater Charleston, West Ashley out to Rantowles, Ravenel, Hollywood, Meggett; Downtown Charleston, James Island, Folly Beach, Johns Island, Wadmalaw Island, Kiawah and Seabrook Islands, EDISTO Beach and Edisto Island, North Charleston, Sullivan’s Island, Mt. Pleasant, Isle of Palms, Wild Dunes, Dewees Island, Awendaw, McClellanville, St. George, Harleyville, Reevesville, Hanahan, Goose Creek, Oakley, McCormick, Jedburg, College Park, Summerville, Ladson, Ridgeville, Cross, St. Stephens, Bonneau, Moncks Corner, Daniel Island, Wando, Cainhoy, Colleton County, Orangeburg County, Lake Marion Area, North of Summerton, Allendale, and some out-of-area. I’ve sold property as far away as Bamberg.
- As stated, your house, condo or land will ALSO be on over 80 national real estate websites, the same ones listed in our full-service listing information.
I am not kidding about MAJOR exposure for your house, condo or vacant land due to the above national real estate websites.
- Just do a Google search of your property’s street address a day or two after listing with me – after all the national sites have gotten their feeds and the Internet has updated itself – and you will find your property all over the real estate Internet exposed to millions of buyers.
- Your can post a link to your listing on Craigslist with MLS number.
- Just take a some pictures of your house’s best features and email them to me – 25 picts is a good number but you can take as many as you want. Take a few outside front pictures on a SUNNY day.
- Do a short descriptive write-up on your property to go along with the pictures in the MLS.
- In two or three sentences, write down the directions to your property. They will go along with your property’s location pin on the Google Map that is part of your listing.
- I will email you a two-page form, Property Description for MLS, to help you identify your property’s features so nothing is left out. You can go through it QUICKLY.
- I provide all property disclosure statements you are required by law to fill out, sign and post in the MLS.
- You pay only $189 for properties listed at $400,000 or less when you sign the agreement. We can negotiate a similar type arrangement for properties over $400,000. Your property will go in the MLS for six months.
- You can pay by credit card, PayPal, cash or check.
- The only other fee you pay is $789 out of proceeds at closing, but if there is no closing – in other words, if you do not sell – then you DO NOT OWE the $789. Again, this is for properties listed up to $400,000. We can negotiate a similar deal on properties over $400,000.
- If you sell, you will never miss that $789 because you do not write a check for it. The closing attorney writes the check and pays it out of your sale proceeds at closing when you are ecstatic and feel like a million dollars because you sold your house and saved a TON of money!
- You can renew for an additional six months for only $99.
- You must offer buyer agents compensation for bringing you potential buyers — typically 3% of the final sale price (or a little less for high-priced properties). This is ALWAYS paid out of proceeds at closing by the closing attorney who writes the check. This is the POWERFUL incentive you offer to buyer agents to bring you a good, qualified buyer.
- If you sell to a buyer not represented by an agent you pay NO commission (on a $300,000 house listed at 6%, you save $17,022).
- If you sell to a buyer who IS represented by an agent, you still save $8,022 in listing commissions.
- Should you want to change to a full-service listing plan, I will give you a pro rata credit for your $189 payment.
- All leads go straight to you.
- I put YOUR contact information in the MLS so agents know to contact you directly to make offers, negotiate and close the deal.
- I will give your showing instructions to ShowingTime, which in turn gives your instructions to agents wanting to show your property. There is a record with ShowingTime of all showings.
- If you want a 24-hour notice before showings, no problem. ShowingTime will call you to confirm each showing.
- You provide your own yard sign, or pay an additional charge and use one of mine.
- There is a $35 charge for each change to the MLS report if there are changes after your initial approval of the report. A change would be adding more pictures or rewording the write-up.
- I will get you a preview copy of the closing statement from the closing attorney BEFORE closing so you can review it.
- Additional services such as negotiation, escrow and closing available a la carte. We can work out my compensation, and I am very fair!
- Please don’t hesitate to email or call me with questions or to suggest a custom package/price for you.
- I’ll give you guidance on staging your home for effective showings.
- You can cancel your listing at any time with no cancellation fee, but at this low price, you will not be able to get any refund.